Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Decorating and Picture Hanging: Easier Than You Think




Decorating and hanging pictures can sometimes be challenging. I have realized with some recent finds that it doesn't have to be! Purchasing a picture hanging kit will give you help when you are trying to mount pictures in a fashionable manor. Follow this link, Bed Bath and Beyond, to see just one example of a kit that gives you paper templates to use and reuse to create perfect works of art! (Where can you find that table? IKEA)






The many different paper templates allow you to easily see what you like and what you don't like. You can also add in other objects such as these letter "Mr. & Mrs.". 




Its easy to hang pictures going up steps using paper templates!




Use some tape to secure the paper to the walls while you decide their best place to go. Once you have decided that all of the paper templates are where you want them, just put screws right through the paper. You can then rip the paper, carefully, off the wall (not all at once!).


Its best not to tear all of the paper off at once. This will make you forget which frame goes where. Doing each picture one by one insures that you will have the right picture in the right spot. 





15 comments:

  1. Really nice job guys! And I mean with the blog because I've already said how nice it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way this looks. Where did you get the shelf with the baskets - love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please tell me the sizes of frames you used for the photos in the Mr. and Mrs.? I would love to do this in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table and baskets are from Ikea. I ordered the frames off of amazon when I saw they were no longer in stock at Bed Bath and Beyond. I ordered one set of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FWSZ28/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Plus one extra frame: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U92HJY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ask where did you get the letters for mr and mrs? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your gallery, especially the "Mr & Mrs". I have featured this gallery wall on my blog as one of my favorites: http://www.thelovenerds.com/2013/03/gallery-wall-pinspiration.html

    Maggie @ thelovenerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did you find the letters?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember exactly where I found the letters because they originally were on our sweetheart table at our wedding. Then they sat in our house for a little while before I decided to do this project. I bought the letters either from Michael's Craft Store or A.C. Moore Craft Store. Thank you for visiting our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. where can I find the exact table, what's the name?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!! Super cute and excellent ideas! I would also like to know the exact name of the table from ikea. It would fit perfectly in my entry way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you hang the "MR & MRS" letters?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Harleene and Leslie- I have that table too- It's the Ikea Hemnes Sofa Table in Black/Brown. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00251809/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Erin Meyer, We hung the letters by using the holes that were already in the back of them. We found that it was best to tape your screw or nail on the letter how it will hang on the wall (tip of nail/screw facing away from the letter and the head of the nail/screw inside the hole). Next, find the desired spot on the wall and press the letter with screws attached on the wall. Pressing the letter to the wall will give you marks where the screws will go. Some letters require two nails/screws and other only require one. Hope this helps!

    -William & Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Maggie Brewer, thanks for sharing the exact name of the ikea table! Currently the price is $199, but it often goes on sale. We were able to buy it for $169.

    "It's the Ikea Hemnes Sofa Table in Black/Brown. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00251809/ "


    -William & Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete