Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! October has flown by and I can't believe November starts tomorrow! 

(Will and I carved our pumpkin last night before he traveled half way around the world for work)

Almost 11 months to go!  Wedding planning has been slow lately with school taking up most of my time.  However, this week is packed full of parent/teacher conferences + wedding planning.

On Wednesday my Mom and I are going to our second flower appointment to figure out what flowers to use in the bouquets and boutonnieres. I don't want any roses so I am ready to get creative.

Then on Thursday Will and I are going cake tasting! One of the appointment I have been looking forward too :)  We are going to try a pumpkin cake which I am super excited about since I have the whole pumpkin theme going on...why not continue the theme into the flavor of the cake? I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.  The cake place specializes in butter cream icing to look like fondant so I am also excited to see what is looks like.  A colleague of mine went to the same cake place and said you get to take home whatever you don't eat at the tasting so I can't wait for cake leftovers...I am starting to sound like a fatty.  I am just addicted to sugar.  Also, the cake place will bake you a complementary cake on your 1 year anniversary so Will and I can enjoy a fresh cake when we celebrate our first anniversary.

Then on Saturday my Mom and I are going to meet a harpist to listen to some of her music.  This week Will and I also signed our DJ contract another thing is checked off the list!

More to come after a busy week of planning.  We are still way ahead of schedule and I am liking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment