Thursday, March 22, 2012

Finally Updated!

I know I have upset some fellow followers because I have not updated the blog since December (sorry Mrs. Evy).  So here goes a 3 month update...

First, my flower girl got her dress!! She looks beautiful :)

Then. after a 2 month shoe hunt I finally found shoes. Originally, I wanted silver glitter pumps and I looked far and wide until I found these cute ones on Amazon.
They were cute and would add a little glitz to my dress, however, there was one big problem. I couldn't walk in them once I got them.  They has +4 inch heels...which I am not use to after walking around my classroom in flats day after day.  I thought sometimes you just have to sacrifice comfort for style but then Will started to tell me that our wedding day is going to be a special day and if I fall while walking down the isle because of these nose bleed high heels I would be upset beyond belief since I only have one chance to take that very special walk. So this little comment got me thinking that I should not sacrifice comfort for style and the shoes went back.  After the shoes went back I spent about 3 hours looking on every shoe website for 1 to 2 inch glitter heels which limited my search field even further.  Then I deiced to give up on this whole glitter idea and I put ivory in my search box and landed on these.
Turned out I could go to Nordstrom to try them on to make sure they would fit.  They fit beautifully and I am pretty sure I can wear them all night without having to take them off because they are only 2 inches high.  I had to order them in ivory because Nordstrom only had them in black at the store.  Once they came I was walking around the house when my Dad told me they were classy.  Once the word "classy" came out of his mouth I knew these were it.  The word classy is defiantly the word I want to describe my wedding day and the fact that my Dad said it made it all the better :).  So finally I have my shoes and I am looking forward to my fitting this summer! 

Next, we went up to Myersville to taste possible dishes for the wedding. We went up with my parents, brother, Donna, and Daddy Jim.  We had a blast together.  I am so grateful I got to spend that day with all of them.  We decided on a boursin stuffed chicken, filet, and vegetarian dish.  All the food was great.  Then we went over a rough draft of the schedule.  It was so cute because every time Donna had a question she would raise her hand each time she had question for our wedding coordinator. While we were there Will and I finally agreed on our ceremony spot.    Will was not sold on the spot I had picked last time we went up there but this time the sun was setting and the backdrop was just perfect.  After Will saw my vision he was excited about the location.  Here is a picture from that day of us standing where we will say our "I Do's"
While we were up there that day we also found a hotel about 15 minutes away where we blocked a set of rooms for the guest to stay.  We will be having a little after party there so we are looking forward to extending the celebration at the hotel.

Finally, my last update is non-wedding related...Will and I might be home owners as of next Friday. We are going to close on a townhouse if all goes well in the next week...more to come on this big announcement.  Once it is ours I will post pictures.  We had been looking at houses in Ashburn because there was so much new construction out there but then decided we wanted to stay in Fairfax County so we turned our search back to the Reston/Herndon area and found a house about a month ago.  More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment